All pages on this site define these access keys:
- s - skip navigation and go to main content
- 1 - Home Page
- 3 - Main Menu / Table of Contents
- 9 - Contact me
- 0 - Accessibility Statement
Most web browsers support access keys, permitting you to jump to specific locations by pressing a combination of keys. These differ according to browser and platform, but the combinations for 99% of today's Internet users are as follows:
- On Google Chrome 3 and up, press [Alt + access key] or [Alt + Shift + access key] on Windows and Linux, [Ctrl + Opt + access key] on Mac.
- On Firefox 2 and up, press [Alt + Shift + access key] on Windows and Linux, [Ctrl + access key] or [Ctrl + Opt + access key] on Mac.
- On Internet Explorer 4 and up on Windows, 5 and up on Mac, press [Alt + access key]. (Some versions also require you to press Enter after releasing the [Alt + access key] combination.)
- On Opera 7 and up, press [Shift + Esc]. When you release this combination, Opera will list the access keys on that page and you can select the one you want.
- On Safari 3 and up, press [Alt + access key] on Windows, [Ctrl + access key] or [Ctrl + Opt + access key] on Mac.
All parts of this site are valid HTML 4.01 Strict as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
All pages on this site are validated by the W3C CSS Validation Service.
I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all parts of this site except the 'Film Footage' page comply with all Level A, AA, and AAA success criteria defined in the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Every page on this site can be accessed directly from the Main Menu.
The first link on each page of this site is a 'skip to main content' link, enabling non-visual user agents to bypass the site navigation menu at the beginning of the page.
There is a 'to top of page' link at the bottom of every page on this site, plus extra 'to top of page' links (at intervals of no more than two screens at a resolution of 1024x768) in longer pages.
All links on this site are written in plain HTML, and can be followed in any browser even if scripting is turned off.
Adjacent links are separated either structurally or by interposing a non-blank character. This helps non-visual user agents to render the links distinctly.
Many browsers can extract a list of the links on a page and allow the user to browse the list separately from the page. All links on this site are therefore designed to make sense out of context.
Link text and titles are only duplicated where two links point to the same address, except for 1) the within-page 'to top of page' and 'skip to main content' links, and 2) the duplication of 'external link' in relevant title tags.
This site does not contain any links which open new windows or tabs.
I have designed this site with a fluid layout to be readable and usable in any browser at any screen resolution.
This site uses stylesheets (css) for visual design, enabling the pages to be more easily rendered by non-visual user agents. If stylesheets are not enabled in your browser, the content of each page is still readable and usable.
This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the 'text size' option in some visual browsers.
The colour combinations used on this site have been checked for visibility to people affected by colour-blindness.
All content images on this site include equivalent ALT text. All purely decorative images are assigned ALT="".
The natural language (UK English) of every page on this site is specified in the markup. Any text in a different language is indicated with the appropriate lang="languagecode" attribute.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this Accessibility Statement or the accessibility of this site, please contact me (Sylvia Joyce). I welcome all feedback.
page updated 2016-06-07